The Void's Tear is a special variant of the Plasma Pistol that is only wielded by certain Elite Zealots.
Overview & Background Edit
The Void's Tear is an experimental offshoot of the standard Plasma Pistol. Through an expensive and dangerous process conducted during initial construction and charging of the weapon's battery, exotic nuclear isomers are introduced alongside the energy used to power the weapon. When introduced into the discharged plasma, these isomers allow the bolts fired from the weapon to manipulate gravitational forces of the target that is shot by the weapon. As a result, enemies shot by a Void's Tear bolt will gravitate towards wherever said bolt was originally fired from.
These isomers also allow the pistol to hold an overcharge shot indefinitely without draining power. When the overcharge shot is fired, it creates an unstable gravimetric vortex at the point of impact. This vortex will drag anything that isn't nailed down (namely enemies and vehicles) towards it's epicenter, damaging everything within it until it collapses in on itself and diffuses through an EMP blast. This blast can overload energy shields, disable Covenant vehicles and is often lethal against weaker/weakened enemies.
Due to it's costly production and high lethality for a small arms weapon, the Void's Tear is reserved for only the highest of ranked Elites, the gold-armoured Zealots. Despite this, most Zealots issued with the Tear will use the energy sword out of honor, and will not bring themselves down to the levels of their subordinates and use the Tear until the point of near death; only then will they use weapon to cover their retreat. Additionally, it's unique method of charging the weapon means that field charging stations cannot be used to recharge the weapon.
Note that this is the Type-25 incarnation of the Void's Tear and is the predecessor of the Type-54 Void's Tear.
Gameplay Information Edit
- The Void's Tear can be fired faster than the standard Plasma Pistol
- The primary fire of the Void's Tear can be used to pull enemies towards you while simultaneously weakening them, allowing you to finish them off with a melee attack once they come into range.
- The overcharge shot of the Void's Tear behaves exactly like the gravity grenade upon impact; pulling in and damaging enemies before a small explosion kills weaker enemies and disables energy shielding/covenant vehicles, with the added bonus of being a projectile that can home in on enemies.
- The overcharge shot's effectiveness can be increased if shot near a vehicle or shade turret, as the vehicle will crush any enemies pulled into the vortex with it.
- If the overcharge shot is held in the weapon without firing, it will not deplete the battery.
- The primary fire of the Void's Tear can become a liability when used against enemies with high-damage melee attacks, such as Hunters or Energy Sword Elites, as it can quickly pull them into melee range and allow them to strike.
- The Void's Tear is the only Plasma-based Covenant weapon that cannot be recharged by a Covenant Charging Station.
- The Void's Tear can only be obtained from Energy Sword-wielding Elite Zealots, making it one of the rarest weapons to obtain. The method of obtaining it is also risky, as you must bring the Zealot's energy shield (which is the strongest of any ranked Elite) down before it switches to the weapon in question.
Developer Information Edit
- This Void's Tear is based off of the Type-54D variant of the Plasma Pistol of the same name, which appeared in Halo 5: Guardians as a Requisitions weapon in the game's Warzone game mode.
- The scarcity of Elite Zealots that appear in the game, and the method of obtaining it, makes the Void's Tear the rarest and most difficult weapon to obtain in SPV3.
|v • d • e||Covenant infantry weapons in SPV3|
|Plasma Pistol (Brute variant • Void's Tear) • Plasma Rifle (Brute variant) • Shredder • Focus Rifle • Particle Carbine • Needler • Brute Shot • Hunter Assault Cannon (Beam • Fuel Rod • Shade) • Energy Sword (Unusable) • Jackal Shield • Plasma Grenade • Gravity Grenade • Cluster Grenade|