The MA5E Individual Combat Weapon System (MA5E ICWS), more commonly known as the MA5E Assault rifle, is a standard United Nations Space Command firearm and is the successor of the MA5D Assault Rifle.
Overview & Background Edit
The MA5E Assault Rifle is a gas-operated, magazine-fed, automatic assault rifle designed for both mid-range and close-quarters combat. As the latest in the MA5 series of Assault Rifles, it shares many similarities with previous models, including shape, magazine size and integrated ammo counter/compass display.
One of its major differences is its rate of fire. Unlike previous models, whose rate of fire remained consistent at all times, the MA5E's rate of fire starts off low when its trigger is pulled initially , but quickly accelerates the longer the weapon is fired. This "accelerated" rate of fire allows the weapon to maintain accuracy at a longer distance when fired in controlled bursts, while the steady rate of fire increase allows the user to close in on enemies without missing any shots.
Another addition to the MA5E is a foregrip-mounted camera that replaces the flashlight present on predecessor models. When activated, the ammo counter and compass on the weapon's display is replaced with a 2x magnified video feed, which is also smart-linked to the user's HUD. This "scope" allows the weapon to be fired with greater accuracy, especially in controlled bursts.
MA5E/GL Assault Rifle Edit
The MA5E/GL Individual Combat Weapon System (MA5E/GL ICWS), more commonly known as the MA5E Grenade Launcher Assault Rifle or simply Grenade Launcher Assault Rifle, is a variant of the MA5E Assault Rifle with an attached M45 Underslung Grenade Launcher.
The standard variant's camera "scope" is replaced with a foregrip-mounted M45 Grenade Launcher attachment. Similar to the Brute Shot, the M45 fires high-explosive grenades that travel in a gradual arc and detonate upon impact with any surface. These grenades are powerful enough to eliminate small groups of enemies or tougher, individual targets in a direct hit. However, the Grenade Launcher can only hold a maximum of six grenades at a time, and can only be replenished from relatively uncommon grenade boxes. Additionally, the main weapon locks up after a grenade has been launched, and cannot be fired until the launcher until the grenade launcher has chambered another round.
Gameplay Information Edit
- The Assault Rifle has an accelerated rate of fire, where the fire-rate increases the longer the trigger is held for.
- The Assault Rifle's ammunition counter will change colour as the weapon is depleted, providing a more pronounced visual indicator.
- The Assault Rifle is very effective at short-mid ranges.
- The Assault Rifle deals decent damage to both shields and health.
- The Assault Rifle comes equipped with a 2-times camera scope.
- The grenades fired from the Grenade Launcher are extremely devastating to infantry units, and are powerful enough to heavily damage/destroy light vehicles, such as Ghosts and Shade turrets.
- The Assault Rifle is generally ineffective at longer ranges.
- As the Assault Rifle's rate of fire increases, so does the weapon's bloom (spread).
- The AR/GL does not have a 2x camera scope, as it has been replaced by the Grenade Launcher.
- When the AR/GL is active, the Grenade Launcher will override the users ability to throw grenades, thus the player must switch from/discard the AR/GL in order to use them.
- Grenades fired from the AR/GL have a rather slow travel time, which decreases their effectiveness against agile and/or distant enemies.
- The AR/GL cannot obtain ammunition from standard Assault Rifles found in the environment or dropped by NPCs; only ammunition packets are capable of replenishing an AR/GL's ammo pool.
- Grenades can only be replenished from unique boxes, which are particularly rare.
Developer Information Edit
|v • d • e||UNSC infantry weapons in SPV3|
|MA5E Assault Rifle (MA5E/GL) • M7 Submachine Gun (M7/S) • HMG-49 Heavy Machine Gun • M6G Pistol • BR54HB Battle Rifle (BR54HB/GL • BR54HB/S) • M393 Designated Marksman Rifle • SRS99C-S2 AM Sniper Rifle (SRS99C-S2 AM/S) • M41 Rocket Launcher • M91 Shotgun • M7057 Flamethrower • M9 Fragmentation Grenade • M45 Grenade Launcher|