The M7057 Defoliant Projector (M7057 DP), more commonly known as the Flamethrower, is a United Nations Space Command heavy ground weapon.
Overview & Background
- As with all incendiary weapons, the flamethrower is very useful against unshielded targets.
- The flamethrower can leave burning residue on surfaces, which will serve as an area-of-denial tool.
- The flamethrower will also leave residue on enemies, which deals damage over time, and can prevent elites' shields from regenerating.
- The flamethrower does not need to reload, it instead has a fuel tank that holds 100 units of fuel.
- Grenades caught in the flames will ignite and explode.
- Using the flamethrower in close quarters can prove dangerous, as burning enemies/corpses can damage you, and grenades dropped by burning enemies will explode.
- Fuel runs out rather quickly if you aren't careful, and flamethrowers themselves are somewhat rare.
- While the flamethrower does not need to reload, it will overheat if fired too long.
- The flamethrower's stream of flame is rather short, and travels slowly. This makes use beyond close/medium range impractical or impossible.
|v • d • e||UNSC infantry weapons in SPV3|
|MA5E Assault Rifle (MA5E/GL) • M7 Submachine Gun (M7/S) • HMG-49 Heavy Machine Gun • M6G Pistol • BR54HB Battle Rifle (BR54HB/GL • BR54HB/S) • M393 Designated Marksman Rifle • SRS99C-S2 AM Sniper Rifle (SRS99C-S2 AM/S) • M41 Rocket Launcher • M91 Shotgun • M7057 Flamethrower • M9 Fragmentation Grenade|