The M247 General Purpose Machine Gun, also known as the Machine Gun or M247 is a lighter variant of the M247H Heavy Machine Gun used by the UNSC.
Overview & Background
- The Machine Gun is highly efficient at eliminating unshielded enemies, capable of killing them in just a few shots. This makes it especially lethal against Brutes and various Flood Forms.
- The Machine Gun has a large magazine capacity, allowing it to eliminate groups of enemies (especially Flood hordes) without having to reload.
- Despite being considerably more powerful than other weapons, the Machine Gun still has reduced effectiveness against energy shields.
- The Machine Gun has an initially low rate of fire, which slowly increases as the weapon fires.
- The Machine Gun takes a long time to reload, meaning it should only be done when outside of combat.
- The Machine Gun has considerably low accuracy, and thus shouldn't be used against anything beyond Mid-range.
- The M247 Machine Gun originally appeared as a stationary turret in Halo 2.
|v • d • e||UNSC infantry weapons in SPV3|
|MA5E Assault Rifle (MA5E/GL) • M7 Submachine Gun (M7/S) • M247 Machine Gun • M6G Pistol • BR54HB Battle Rifle (BR54HB/GL • BR54HB/S) • M393 Designated Marksman Rifle • SRS99C-S2 AM Sniper Rifle (SRS99C-S2 AM/S) • M41 Rocket Launcher • M91 Shotgun • M7057 Flamethrower • M9 Fragmentation Grenade|