The UNSC Navy Crewmen, mostly referred to as the Crewmen, are Navy personnel stationed aboard ships of the USNC Navy. They are responsible for operating and maintaining ships under the command of their captains.
Battle of Installation 04
Main article: Battle of Installation 04
Aboard the UNSC Pillar of Autumn, Jacob Keyes ordered all personnel to man their stations and be prepared to be boarded. Two notable members, Thom Shepard and Samuel N. Marcus, were tasked to "unseal the hushed casket" in the cryo-chamber before being attacked by the Covenant. After the order was given to abandoned the ship, the remaining crewman went for the escape pods. After landing on the surface, some were killed upon impact and others were stranded with Marines waiting to be rescued by John 117. The survivors boarded Pelicans to then be transferred to the newly established Alpha Base.
Crewmen have only engaged in combat in The Pillar of Autumn, so they have relatively weak combat AIs. They never take cover from enemy fire and tend to cower when the situation gets too intense, making them more of a hindrance than anything else. Crewmen only fight with magnums.
- If armed with a Pistol, they will attempt to assist the Master Chief.
- Crewmen will flee from combat if unarmed
- They have no protective armor unlike Marines and ODSTs
- The crewmen's uniforms vaguely resemble those used in the TV series Star Trek
- They are about the equivalent of a modern-day US sailors